Is to provide a unique place to relax, rejuvenate, and to experience the wonder of ancient crystalline salt through Himalayan salt cave sessions, spa treatments and products made locally.
Himalayan Salt Benefits
The salt in our Caves is approx. 200 million years old. The salt is sourced from crystallized rock in the mountains named the Khewra Salt Range of northern Pakistan. The underground salt formations are protected from modern-day pollution and formed from heat and pressure that transformed ancient sea bed layers into crystalline rock known as Himalayan Pink Salt which has been described as the purest salt to be found from the Earth.
The many hues of pink, red, and white are an indication of this salt's rich and varying mineral and energy-rich iron content.
The salt is primarily sodium chloride (NaCL). The crystals rocks also contain trace minerals including iron, potassium, sulphate, magnesium, calcium, bicarbonate, bromide, borate
Because of these minerals, Himalayan pink salt has many benefits:
- Regulating the water content throughout your body
- Promoting healthy pH balance in your cells, particularly your brain cells
- Promoting blood sugar health and helping to reduce the signs of aging
- Assisting in the generation of hydroelectric energy in cells in your body
- Absorption of food particles through your intestinal tract
- Supporting respiratory health
- Promoting sinus health
- Prevention of muscle cramps
- Promoting bone strength
- Regulating your sleep -- it naturally promotes sleep
- Promoting vascular health
- In conjunction with water, it is actually essential for the regulation of your blood pressure
- Assisting in replenishing electrolytes
- Assisting in alkalizing the body and preventing excess acid
Salt used in Products and Services
- The pink Himalayan Salt is hand mined for quality.
- It is not refined by bleaching or combined with anti-caking agent processing.
- Our caves contain minor amounts of micro-salt in the air which is known as Halotherapy.
- Halotherapy is an ancient practice of breathing in salt particles which opens up the lungs and assists in reducing breathing ailments.
- We put about 8 parts per million of pure salt particles into the caves through a specialized aeration process.
Also our Pink Himalayan Salt is not refined by bleaching or anti-caking agent processing.
Purest/healthiest salt in the world (remote and far from any pollution, and not processed)
Nestled below the quaint steps of historic State Street, the Salt Cave in Santa Barbara are forged from 200 million-year-old Himalayan pink salt that seem to rise from the surrounding salt beds like some mythical village.
Chava, the manager of Salt, meets me with a warm greeting, and we head to the entrance of the largest Himalayan salt cave in North America. “The largest? In all of North America?” I repeat back to her as if I’ve misheard.
Wednesday morning, and the bottom dropped out. Heartbreaking news came over the wire and the only way to emote is out if my eyeballs. Through silent tears, a reminder on my phone brought hope. Tonight, I would partake in "Sound Healing" with instructor Shane Chunephisal.
Did you know Salt on State Street is North America's largest Himalayan Salt Cave? Pretty cool! Salt has a variety of handmade Himalayan salt products for bath, body, cooking and home.
Santa Barbara resident Pam McCaskey is clear on one thing: salt changed
her life. During a particularly hard time, McCaskey was introduced to her
first salt cave while visiting her mother on the East Coast.